How to survive a one week course - advice from one who has been there
You are stuck in the middle of nowhere for a full week course. The program is from 8.30-19.30. The chairs are torture devices, there is no internet and you're bored out of your mind. What do you do? :
1. Always - ALWAYS - bring your laptop to the lectures/presentations!
2. Get internet somehow; checking e-mails and surfing will save you! (be careful of wandering lecturers - those who speak while walking around in the room)
3. Hell with it; choose some strategic times (right before or after lunch are always good) and slip out to go explore the nearby town.
4. Work on that fanfic you always wanted to finish (again; be careful of wandering lecturers and fellow participants - in particular when working on a steamy scene from a slash fic!)
5. Watch some of the song vids you've downloaded to your PC; sure it has to be without sound but hey - it's something moving before your eyes which may prevent you from falling asleep
6. Work on the many work tasks you have; be aware this is normally difficult because the talking around you (remember that lecturer in the room?) are distracting
7. Consider replacing the water bottle with a vodka bottle; it is sure to make things seem more lively!
8. Look around the room, close your eyes and then open them again - see if you can remember all the objects, their placement and form by heart.
9. Sleep with your eyes open. This is in the words of a fellow participant 'an art form'.
10. Rediscover your talent (and passion) for hangman, tic tac toe and other silent games with the people sitting next to you.
Follow these steps and you may survive. If not be sure you have friended some of the participants so they can either save you from 'ritual suicide' or join you (in the words of another fellow participant). Most of all; look forth to the day where you are free to do what you want - which will include torturing others in the same way you've been! Yes! Revenge! ;)